What i thought about existence as a kid

How man came to be

My mother made sure I went to church every Sunday.I attended alot of Sunday school services as a kid. Some made me think about life in a certain way then.

The bible says, " in the beginning God created the earth and heaven".  And then it also says thag he made man in his own image. I was told as is, that there first was Adam and Eve before every other human.

This made me wonder, why Adam and Eve appeared to be white folks in the book we were reading, and we, black! Like, how did we turn out to be black? Was it that after the two had kids and their kids had kids and they migrated, and some ended up in Africa which happened to be so freaking hot that they got burned and slowly with rhe coming of a generation, the skin got darker? 

Above: A representation of Adam and his family.

Anywho, I soon found out from history and then science and tv that there are so many stories about how we came to be. Some say it started with the big bang. Others say with apes. Others still say from atoms. And others say, don't question it. You came from your mother.

My idea of existing mostly comprised of Playing! I never liked it when it was dark and I had to go home or heard mom calling me home. So life was good if I played. 

How man disappears

It never occured to me that people die when i was little. I just thought they kept on growing and growing-just living. To me, you were either a kid, a young adult, parent, grandparent or ...psst an alien...Basically, i thought people keept on living, just getting old, and life was so good as an adult because you get to do what you want. I kept on saying I couldn't wait to grow up. 

If the beginning is birth, I wonder what I thought was the end. It is until my mom and dad went to a funeral sometime when I was undoubtedly 10 or 11 that I thought, there it is. People die. There is an end for every beginning. But I didn't think I was going to die. It was an absurd idea to even think about. 

Animals were lesser beings at first. The only thing living was human. All else was non-living. When I was a child, I thought like one. Now that am all grown, I know.

What did you think about existence as a child? 

How do you think about it Now?


Comments

Popular Posts