Fear

 

Hi,

 

I will share with you a few of the poems in this post mostly from my upcoming anthology on "Fear"

 

Surrounded by four walls

You are more real than my breath

Closing on me fast to devour my essence

Fear,

Am sure if you keep on

I will stop breathing.

*

My silence means you are my mouthpiece

*

The tiny baby steps whisper to me

"Your legs will break!"

 

The darkness and nothingness behind me says

"Stay, I will protect you"

-Angst

*

You keep me opting for the very same things that leave me staying the same.

I fear the unknown is grave a risk

Sticking to the familiar

This, here, now

Is the way to go.

*

Among my fears is being in the light at night

The darkness comforts me

It sings me to sleep with its silence

 

Among my fears is that of rejection

It leaves me playing it safe

Ashore

*

Love centers everything

In fear, love is wanting to be safe.

*

Fear is a villain

The devil himself

He roams around looking for a mind to colonise

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts