I get so caught up in doing a lot of things. Mostly being sad that today, I was so fed up with the same routine that I stopped and wondered why I don’t feel so good. When I searched within myself, I found that it has everything to do with me, especially what am allowing myself to think about. 

I asked myself what it is that am doing or thinking about that is making me not sad. Today I thought of asking myself what I would love to do for myself today that would make today lovely for me. A lot of things came to mind and just thinking about them made me feel good already. I literally smiled and felt the cloud of sadness blow away. 

It is true what they say that the mind is such a powerful thing. Feed it with something, it will give you results corresponding to it. 

It boils down to checking what you are allowing yourself to think about. Being mindful about yourself. Being aware of your surroundings, your needs and wants and addressing them. Doing nice things for yourself because taking care of yourself is something that will immediately make you feel good about yourself and motivated to do more.

A little care for yourself is all you need sometimes.

What nice thing are you going to do for yourself today?

What can you do for yourself right now that will make today special for you?

Comments

Popular Posts