Today

 

Hey there,


Today is your day. It is. Today should be your favorite day not Friday or Saturday or the 8th day of the week. Because today could be the only day you have got left. Sometimes I feel like am living the same day over and over again with just some changes here and there. But that is because I have to wake up and go to sleep at the end. What happens in between all this matters a lot though.

 

I have been thinking about how I sometimes get so comfortable complaining about things I can't do and then giving them for reasons as to why I cannot do certain things and that’s that. As if I cannot do anything about it. The thing is, anything can be changed and it matters a lot. Everything. Is everything. Don’t go on feeling sorry for yourself about how something has happened so much that you forget to go on with what you have left or with the one thing that can make you happy. You not being able to do something isn't the end of the world. We can learn and unlearn things. We can make and break habits and tell you what, those are what you should watch.

 

Being positive. Being happy even when alone. Choosing the good over the bad you can see because in this world, it is not always about candy. You outgrow it. Things change. You develop different tastes.

Any who, so I was watching this movie today, 'Before I fall'. Watch it sometime. It's based on a novel by Lauren Oliver. I liked these 3 sentences or phrases;

focus on one good thing

…become who you are

…certain moments go on forever.

 

Earlier this morning I was reading poems from a book by Ideajeff titled, ‘All I ever wanted’. Well, I just came across some words that I will leave here. They really touched my heart without hands of course.

'Nobody gets to live life backwards. Look ahead, that’s where your future lies.' -Ann Landers

 

'I try to explain to people that the only way to be cool is to be who you truly are and the only way to live life is to do the things that you want to do and be the person that you want to be no matter who that is or what that is or how you have to do it. That’s the only way you can be genuinely happy.' -Tucker Max

 

Comments

Popular Posts